07-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #98
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by left123 View Post
Amen. I immediately thought of this new 911 GT car as I read this and I could not agree more. As cars get more and more detached and tech heavy, there will be a wave of momentum for automakers to offer "driver involvement over raw speed" as you say, as a new lure for customers. That's what I think and what I hope at least. Porsche, if it is the canary, seems to agree with that for sure (think cayman GT4 as well).
Oh, I am. There's a November build slot with my name on it if I want it, and it's looking increasingly like I will. Until the GT4 was announced, I fully expected to keep my E92 long-term since there was nothing on the market now or expected in the future that I would rather have this side of a 458, which is out of the question for me. If I were buying a new car today in a GT4-less world, I would probably get an F8x M3 or M4, but given that I already own an E92, I just don't see my car plus ~$40K in value there to justify the upgrade -- in fact I'm not even sure I'd consider it an upgrade in all aspects.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0