01-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #358
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
I wish I could reply to everyone personally but 150+ notifications is a little much, so I will try to answer/address some of the most common concerns.

First off, thank you to all the positive and well wishing comments. I've passed them on to my friend.

To the negative comments, you are entitled to your opinions. I agree with many saying he was pushing his car too hard. He has driven that road many times before and the group left around 5am to avoid contact with any cars/people that are not involved with us.

In complete honesty I probably wouldn't be defending him if he was not my friend. However, we all make mistakes, some more severe than the other. We are thankful that this turned into a learning experience and as you can tell from the video and pictures he has learned his lesson the hard way.

Thank you for your post; no broken bones, few minor scratches on the passenger!

Wow, glad your'e okay. They are definitely safe automobiles.. Stay safe as well buddy!

Believe it or not I have many mutual friends with that guy. He now drives a Mustang 5.0

Glad I picked a right title haha

Although they left around 5am to avoid contact with other cars/people, you really never know. I would hate to imagine what would happen if this was a collision with another vehicle. Thankfully it wasn't..

Tortilla Flats!

Correct!!

I was ignoring posts like "what if he hit another car", I was thinking it is highly unlikely that someone would be driving on a backroad at 5am (they left early to avoid contact with any other cars/people).

Your post gave me a chill, because after reading it I thought to my self what if someones family was coming back from a camping trip, what then?

It's something I don't like to think about; and although the possibility is there, we are glad it only ended in minor scratches. My friend learned his lesson.

These are on point

Yup, Tortilla Flats..

I agree! Camera is a GoPro Hero 2

Why is your wife heading down a remotely deserted mountain backroad alone at 5am?
What about insurance? I may have missed an older post since I only read the first few pages. Apologies.
Appreciate 0