03-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #38
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
BMW has had plenty of issues. Hell it still does. But apparently their cars function at the track reliably which is more than can be said for other makes.

As stated earlier, I wish they built better cars so I could buy one. I think making the car mid engine fixes zero of the issues they have. None of the issues have to do with lack of performance, it already has plenty of that.
Of the articles I've read about the C7, it's been stated that GM has reached the limit of performance that can be rung out of the front engine/rear drive platform. The logical engineering development and evolution to gain additional performance is to move the engine to a mid chassis location. Also, the engine changes to an overhead cam design from the shorter and more compact pushrod LS engine, which requires a mid-engine design to accommodate a taller overhead cam engine envelope.

Maybe we should keep zipped up until the car actually debuts and is tested. The Corvette has always been a sports car attempt to offer a high level of performance with some constraint on MSRP. There is nothing wrong with engineering to that goal.
Appreciate 0