12-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #235
Pure Driven
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
I called ConnectedDrive yesterday to get a refund for the 20 year CarPlay subscription I bought in the first two weeks of November for my 2019 M2C. The first person I talked to said she could only refund $220 of my $300. She wouldn't budge on that at all, even though my new subscription hadn't even started yet (Start date = 12/27/19). She even agreed that technically I was still within my first year of my free trial but she was still going to keep $80 of my money. That's bullshit. I took the $220 refund and then immediately called back in and spoke with someone else. This time I took a different approach. I said I wanted to cancel some "prepaid optional services" and I would like a prorated refund. My CarPlay sub didn't start until 12/27, and thus, because the in-service date hadn't arrived yet, that I wanted a full refund. He agreed, put a refund in for the full amount, and I'm just waiting for it to show up on my card.

TLDR; If you bought CarPlay recently and the service period hasn't started yet, tell them you want to cancel prepaid optional services (CarPlay) and you want a prorated refund. This verbiage shows up directly in the Terms/Conditions on the invoice from ConnectedDrive. Don't waste any time talking about how CarPlay is free now.
Thanks I'll give this a try.
Appreciate 0