View Single Post
      11-21-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I’ve run a lot of different 18” & 19” combos.

1. I’ve never noticed an impact to running different diameters with MDM on or DSC completely off. Altho, the general rule is you should not run a shorter diameter in the rear vs the front.

2. My 19” VMR V710FF’s were cheaper than my 18” Apex EX-7s. 19” tires are a little more expensive, but you’re usually buying more rubber and width to go with it. If you’re driving the car in a balanced manner (not plowing, using throttle to turn), I’ve found the front & rear tires on a 19” staggered setup wear quite evenly. I don’t find take offs worth it, as you’re spending time/paying for mount & balance more often.

3. Most any square setup on a car with decent hp, whether for DE or racing, is purely for cost savings. The speed of our cars is rear traction limited bc of all the torque we can generate. Larger rear width vs the front will always be faster. My 19” staggered setups on similar rubber were 1-2sec quicker on a track.

4. Plenty of good BBK’s that fit both 18” & 19” wheels.

5. I find this completely overblown unless you’re a top tier driver in a sprint race. Few of us have the skill to maximize the performance of the car lap after lap to make up for the few tenths of a second any additional weight would add.

6. I like the way 19’s fill the wheel well more than 18’s. No wrong choice here, tho.
Appreciate 2