10-07-2020, 06:00 AM   #31
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Yes doing some more logging runs in DSC off is a good idea IMHO before starting to make changes/spending time/cash.

Data logging with DSC off WOT pulls from below 2k rpm to redline in 3rd and then all the way to the top of 4th is fine in terms of gathering meaningful data.

Also, to check if plugs are causing the timing pulls, you can always swap suspect plug(s) from cyl x to cyl y and then data log some more to see if timing pulls stay with the plug or stay with the cyl , latter implying a potential rogue coil pack. If so, repeat by moving suspect colipack to another cyl to see if timing drop moves to new cyl or not.
I'm not quite sure I've got a spark plug socket but if I do I'll change 1 with 2 and 3 with 4 and do the logs, but if I'll do it I'll write it down in the post after I'll log.
Thanks A LOT for the help and advise!, I'll probably do the logs tonight when I go to the supermarket lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Out of interest to do these logs you're doing kind of crazy speeds to redline second let alone third and fourth?! Or am I missing something .
Well it depends what you define as crazy speeds, ~220km/h (~130 miles/h) is undeniably fast but the car is built for it, it's done on empty roads and on a long straight road meaning you do it as safely as possible without taking too much risks and not putting others at risk.
I would never drive that fast while passing cars and without a barrier between upcoming traffic as it's not the most brilliant idea so safety precautions are taken
And why ? Because you want and have to check that your car is running properly so it won't get destroyed, mechanically speaking, so it's done by logging it (No one has a dyno at home unfortunately lol).
Appreciate 0