12-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #253
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
The areo on the CS is not groundbreaking…a bit of difference but not much. There is not enough downforce generated from the areo. May be a bit more stable at very high speed like 200km/h+ that's all.

The wheels on the CS is already option on the C

Lower of gravity from carbon roof? I will give you that but already an option on the C

Carbon hood? Probably makes a bit of difference in reducing understeer but already an option on the C

Carbon trunk? Not on the CS and already a dealer option on the C

Power delta: 40hp after drivetrain loss is not much. Look at the videos on youtube between the C and M3CP/M4CP racing on the straight. Difference is negligible. They both have the same peak torque and only after 6000rpm there is a more tangible difference between the two.

The intrinsic value of the CS lies in the no mods required to have fun + full warranty domain.

The CS is by no means a full on track car like the GTS where as with Cambers + dampers + springs mods on the C there are a lot more options to get that optimum setting to go fast so that is my premise that with the right settings it will net a faster lap time on most tracks.
Pure speculation on the CS aero advantage. It's true that aero has greater effect at higher speeds, but that doesn't mean the CS aero offers no advantage at <200 kph. Gurney flap alone can influence down to 40 mph.

I assume you mean that the C can be fitted with CS equivalent M performance (or other) carbon parts, and CS wheels + tires. I don't see how that negates their advantage as stock on the CS over a stock C. (My bad on the trunk.)

Side by side racing is the wrong way to think about how a power advantage translates to lap time gain. Let's say the CS is 1-5 mph faster down straights than the C. That would mean a notable lap time advantage. Race teams would kill for a 39 bhp advantage. Read here: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...est-lap-times/

As far as a collection of mods making a C faster than the CS, no doubt. You started by suggesting the C would put down the better lap with CS dampers & tires + plates, which I didn't understand.

Appreciate 0