View Single Post
      11-17-2018, 01:12 AM   #41
codylikerice
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Hello, thought I might throw my 2c in as it sounds like your situation is similar to mine when I first started tracking the m2.

I will pitch in and also say the stock pads cannot be used in a whole day track session, they simply overheat and melt too quickly, I wouldn't risk it damaging your rotors. Personally I use the Pagid RS29 and swap them in on the track day and swap back in stock pads when the day is done.

A note on these pads they do require burnishing/bedding in. I've seen others use Ferodo, Endless and a whole number of other pads, but I guess any of those that are designed for track use will do as they can tolerate high heat.

The stock fluid should be fine for you for now, but after 1 or 2 days you probably want to flush it with a new fluid of your choice. Personally I use brembo rcf600.

I have stainless steel lines and I can say that it makes a difference at the limit, but not as dramatic as you might think. I personally wouldn't bother with it until later (if at all) as rubber lines are fine.

Other than that what I found best was to just use the stock car (with track pads) and go out and learn track driving, as I quickly found out what I wanted to improve with the car just doing that (you will find it is the brakes that limit you) and then you will be on your way
Appreciate 0