View Single Post
      03-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #96
M5XDRIVE
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, E36 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
"Its useful because my example is a perfect example why its useful" (sic) - Well that just an unassailable argument, isn't it? Great reasoning, I'll add it to my car immediately...

CarPlay was launched THREE YEARS AGO. It's made little to no impact on car infotainment. There is Plenty of data on here of people who have it and are underwhelmed or downright disappointed with CarPlay. If you want me to confirm your purchase, it's not going to happen.
And the whole paragraph up there still doesn't show how idrive is more seamless than the example I gave.

Great it was launched 3 years ago, some automakers have contracts with others. Do you really think something that is released, every automaker is going to implement it the day its out? Do you know how the world works? Do you know how business works? Hey guys, self service checkout was out for couple years now, why doesn't every store have it! (context is when it first came out) It's because it doesn't add value, DUH! For an example, Toyota. They had an agreement for SmartDeviceLink. Then recently, Toyota one of the biggest automakers in the world, adopted applecar play because it doesn't add value. Wait, does that make sense?

"There is Plenty of data on here of people who have it and are underwhelmed or downright disappointed with CarPlay. If you want me to confirm your purchase, it's not going to happen."

You don't have to confirm anything, you are avoiding every aspect of this discussion. You are saying idrive is perfectly fine, which I agree. But you have failed to show how it's MORE seamless than my example. And the fact is, it's not so how can you provide one. You initially say its junk and doesn't add value. When technology is faster or is more seamless, it adds value. You don't seem to understand that word in context.
Please, I'd love to see the data! It's more than 5 people right?

I guess Toyota who reaches millions of people worldwide have a stupid marketing team that work in conjunction with engineers to add something like carplay that doesn't add value to their vehicles.

Last edited by M5XDRIVE; 03-22-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0