10-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #7
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I drive my SO everywhere. She will not drive my car. It is our only car.

But also, the M2C is seriously easy to drive with a stick, if your girlfriend is willing to learn, i'm sure she'll do just fine. Auto rev-match, hill start and anti-stall make this thing a breeze. Plus, while some people complain and install short-shift kits, the shifter its self errs on the side of "easy" rather than "challenging with lots of feel/effort." You can literally hang out on a hill in 1st gear and then slowly let out the clutch with no gas, and the car will happily pull away without any problems.

As for what you should do, I don't think i'm a reliable source. I bought the car SPECIFICALLY because its a manual at a time when there aren't many manual options.

I believe used values for this car will entirely depend on how the G-series M2 looks and if BMW bothers to give it the S58 (which seems very likely.) If BMW messes up the styling of the G-series M2, expect the M2c to hold its value extremely well. But all signs point to the next M2 as being at least decent looking, so the M2c probably won't end up being THAT special in the long run.
The ease of this transmission in a manual plus my wife's openness to learn makes me think she'd be able to get the hang of it and get by. I usually do 95% of the driving but was afraid of her learning on this car would be wise.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0