View Single Post
      12-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaevansF87 View Post
Just bought a Alcantara wheel for my m2 what do I need to maintain it is there a certain brush or cleaner let me know
Seeing the title, I was gonna say don't touch it is the best way. Then reading it's a wheel... ha, that's impossible.

Look up how to clean suede, it'll be a similar process for alcantara. Though alcantara may be a bit easier to clean. Since it's synthetic, you might get away with using harsher cleaners on it...

I would use a suede brush, like this one, every day or so to keep it maintained. Because once it gets matted and stained, it's a real PIA to clean. Actually, in my experience, suede is impossible to clean. 5 years ago, I was wearing suede slip-on shoes everyday. Once they got wet from the rain, they would get matted and stained, and I was never able to get them back to normal. Despite spending a ton of time trying many different methods. Since then I've stayed away from the material.

There are forum posts of people on the internet I've seen who have managed to restore their alcantara armrests and such to pretty good condition. However, they also say it took 8-10hrs to do. Not something I wanna spend my time on.

So yea, my recommendation is to brush your wheel frequently enough to avoid intense matting and staining. Because once that happens... good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Shacke-Suede-.../dp/B00IIFFEPU
Appreciate 0