06-26-2015, 05:23 AM   #89
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
Having recently sold my much loved E90 335i, for a Nissan Leaf (on lease), with a view of buying a P85 Tesla S in 2 years time when the Leaf lease expires, this is most exciting news I've seen from BMW for ages.

BMW already have the most advanced production line to intergrate carbon fiber into the chassis to save weight. That couple with experiences from the i3/i8, along with a mass production capacity Tesla just don't have (At the moment), means if BMW get it right the i5 could dominate the market.....

All of a sudden I'm wondering if I should extend the lease for the Leaf till 2019...One thing is for sure, exciting times ahead
Dude, the Tesla S in built in the former Toyota/GM Joint venture facility called NUMMI in Fremont California. It's a former GM manufacturing facility built in 1962. It is fully capable of high-rate automobile manufacturing and as of May 2014 is producing 700 Tesla S per week. Tesla is light-years a head of BMW in regards to high-rate EV production.

The i8 is a fricking lab rat compared to a Tesla S.

LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0