View Single Post
      03-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #52
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Hey neighbor, I saw your M2 at Chili's in Shawnee a few months back. I was drooling. The single pipe exhaust really caught my attention. So purposeful.

I've been wavering between getting a 2018 M2 6MT to replace my 2016 M235 6MT or getting a 2002-2004 C5 Z06 and keep the M235. I'm leaning towards the M2 because it's been high on my list since they came out and I'm having issues getting over the Corvette stigma

Are you running any sort of intercooler or downpipe? I don't see anything listed. I'm currently running the Wagner EVO Comp 1 intercooler and HJS Euro 6 catted downpipe.
Howdy, neighbor! Oddly enough I remember that time, I don't drive the car much because of the attention it draws (especially with all the stickers!)

It took a lot of cajoling to get that single pipe done - nobody makes one because of the whole "oh an M car has to have a dual exhaust" or " it makes the rear bumper look weird" - but I just couldn't get behind having extra pipe (which means extra weight) just for looks. I actually wanted to do side-exit but ended up chickening out at cutting the bodywork.

I'm actually not running anything aftermarket as far as IC or DP. I chose this car specifically for how it slots into a power-to-weight class, and the only reason I've even messed with a tune is to improve power "under the curve" where I can actually use it (i.e. corner exit). On that note, the biggest reason I chose this over an M235i was the suspension and N55 - for example, the oil pan/baffle which is a lesson learned from the M235iR.

I can tell you that there is no Corvette stigma at the track That platform is massively over-represented as it is, and with good reason!
Appreciate 0