JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
It will probably have M2 Competition dash and iDrive. Main draw of the CS is driving thrills not luxury interior.
I would like to add a different viewpoint. Technology doesn't necessarily mean luxury. Technology is an enabler for great driving dynamics also. The speed of technology innovation has dramatically increased and I would definitely look for the latest tech when I buy a car.

I bought one of the first i8 and the tech plus features were improved from MY2014 to 2015. It wasn't pleasant for us early adopters and one of the reasons why I am much more hesitant throwing money at BMW as I did in the past.....still have 2 Ms as well and expect the CS to include everything possible, thrilled about MT CS....
Agree 100%. Technology is not considered a luxury anymore, but instead should be a basic equipment.

Tesla did it right by allowing over the air upgrades constantly just like an iPhone upgrade. BMW is slowly starting to be more liberal with its upgrades for iDrive.

The holy grail for the future would be allowing the driver to the newest tech agnostic of model year.