11-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #1411
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I'd hardly call this a nonsense discussion as it pertains directly to a downside in getting the full-screen CarPlay.

I'm unclear as to what you mean by "coding headunit".

My understanding is that once you do the full-screen CarPlay, you can NOT do any further modifications using BimmerCode?

Correct? Or am I missing something? The term "headunit" is confusing me.

Reflashing back to stock is not an option for me, as I have a Carbahn tune already.

Additionally, there are occasionally things using BimmerCode that I may want to code or uncode at a later date.

E-Sys is also not a player as a) I don't have the knowledge and b) don't trust myself not to buffoon something up and c) I only have a MacBook, not a PC.

Not trying to pick a fight-- truly trying to understand.
Headunit is iDrive only. You can code other things!
Reflash its not needed!

It is nonsense because I explained everything here.

You can code anything using Bimmercode after patch, you will be blocked with iDrive/Headunit/NBT only(don’t know how to explain it to you other way), but there is a easy way as I mentioned.

So to be clear:

If you use the patch for Fullscreen/CarPlay you will no longer be able to code Headunit/NBTEVO/IDRIVE unless you:
1. Recode it with E-SYS
2. Restore it to OEM using the same way as activation (2 minutes) then apply again
3. Just code things you want before then apply as there is no much really interesting stuff in iDrive/HEADUNIT/NBTEVO to code.

If it's done by me ask me to code stuff you need, I'm always willing to help to every customer, because what matters is satisfaction.

Thanks

Last edited by kubax86; 11-11-2020 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0