View Single Post
      11-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #87
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
You can absolutely compare a single parameter on one log to another, but you're not calculating engine hp off that alone.

I'm not sure how you're eyeballing HP figures from a log, but it's not something I've ever been able to do.
That's what I've been telling him, but he continually claims that you cannot compare different cars with the same setups if they were on different roads.

And I never claimed I am calculating engine horsepower by a single parameter, though it's certainly possible to estimate that. I, in fact, specifically mentioned multiple parameters that I am taking into account and comparing between tunes. boost pressure, fuel pressure, IAT, MAF lb/min, and timing. You can definitely look at those numbers and go "Hmm, these numbers aren't that much different than the 93 tune, so I really doubt he's making 20% more power" And when you relate all of that to the tons of M2 93 dyno graphs available, you can guess with fair certainly the power he is making.

I guarantee his car is making 420-430hp (probably closer to 420 or less) and that is certainly not the 50hp over the e30 tune he claims, nor is it 75hp over the 93 tune. If anyone actually believes his car is making over 500hp, after seeing those logs, they're nuts.

Last edited by Anthony1s; 11-02-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0