10-29-2020, 12:58 PM   #187
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvndvs View Post
Ok, I'm up to 1800 miles on the M2C. Not much spirited driving due to cool weather and rain since the 1200 mile service but here are differences so far.

Positives:
More torque is noticeable but at higher RPM. No complaints.
Better brakes, maybe too good. Given a choice I would have taken brakes that would allow me to use my 18" Apex EC7's. The brakes were great in the 17M2 "OG".
Good exhaust sounds, did not loose anything here.
Mirrors look cool.
Seats are better.

Negatives:
The push button to turn on the rain sensor wipers is gone from the 17M2. You need to move the lever and adjust the auto wipe speed or rain sensitivity. The lever seems like a cost cutting idea and is like the one in the x3M40. The button felt like quality and was more functional in my opinion.

The cup holder in the center console is either back further or the dash sticks out more. My BMW M coffee cup holder does not fit as well, but still fits.

Apple car play is more xxxxed up than my 17M2 was. I don't know how they can go backwards but they may have accomplished just that. I probably need to spend some time with it and see if I can figure it out.

All in all, glad I made the switch for all of the reasons previously stated.
Positives:
More torque is noticeable but at higher RPM. No complaints. - Agree and a given.
Better brakes, maybe too good. Given a choice I would have taken brakes that would allow me to use my 18" Apex EC7's. The brakes were great in the 17M2 "OG". - The OG calipers were perfectly balanced, the M2C ones are overkill while adding weight and limiting wheel options.
Good exhaust sounds, did not loose anything here. - surprising, you sure you're not just hearing the ASD?
Mirrors look cool. - Agreed.
Seats are better. - Better but would still prefer a proper race seat

Couldn't help it.
Appreciate 0