Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS 6sp

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2019 BMW x3M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvndvs View Post
I picked the M2C HS MT up today. I drove 100 miles to get home and then out to dinner tonight. I have no regrets and glad I made the switch and I was seriously on the fence. The pops and gurgles are still there and better. I got really good at it with my 17. The shifting is smoother, the seats are an improvement. The M1 and M2 buttons are installed!! The HS color is unique and changes with lighting conditions, very cool color. The mirrors are a plus. The brakes are sensitive and big. I will respect the 5500 rpm break in period and then I will test them out on a remote highway in a few weeks. Yes the G87 is coming out which means you can get a good deal on a great 2021 M2C if you choose to.
Ok, I'm up to 1800 miles on the M2C. Not much spirited driving due to cool weather and rain since the 1200 mile service but here are differences so far.

Positives:
More torque is noticeable but at higher RPM. No complaints.
Better brakes, maybe too good. Given a choice I would have taken brakes that would allow me to use my 18" Apex EC7's. The brakes were great in the 17M2 "OG".
Good exhaust sounds, did not loose anything here.
Mirrors look cool.
Seats are better.

Negatives:
The push button to turn on the rain sensor wipers is gone from the 17M2. You need to move the lever and adjust the auto wipe speed or rain sensitivity. The lever seems like a cost cutting idea and is like the one in the x3M40. The button felt like quality and was more functional in my opinion.

The cup holder in the center console is either back further or the dash sticks out more. My BMW M coffee cup holder does not fit as well, but still fits.

Apple car play is more xxxxed up than my 17M2 was. I don't know how they can go backwards but they may have accomplished just that. I probably need to spend some time with it and see if I can figure it out.

All in all, glad I made the switch for all of the reasons previously stated.
Appreciate 0