View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #69
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I wonder how dirt got in your oil. Only thing I can think of is it getting past the piston rings. Not sure how likely that is though. Or maybe it can get in from the turbo oil feed?

But yea, air filter dirt is CRAZY! I washed my Eventuri filter the other day. (I have two and swap between cold/warm seasons. Easier for me to have 2 so my car isn't incapacitated while I wait for the filter to dry.)

Anyway, there wasn't really any dirt on the inside of the filter, but the outside POURED out dirt when I hosed it from the inside. More dirt came out that filter than my wash bucket after not washing my car for an entire month. And that filter was in the car for less than 7 months.
Well, this brings up another timely thread if you're going to run a high ethanol/high boost tune and spend a lot of time at WOT like I do. I'm also guessing this is how the dirt was making it into the oil: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1749349

I don't want to turn this into another oil thread, so if you guys have thoughts please post in the thread I linked to above.

Either way, dirt going passed the intake air filter = BAD, so back to OE paper for me.

Last edited by ZM2; 10-28-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0