10-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #68
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Here's another log: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5f99...0b430319a475d2

No changes except a fresh tank of half E85/93, change from aFe drop in filter back to OE paper (oil analysis showed too much dirt with the aFe), and 3.5bar TMAP installed.

You can see I'm hitting 21.6psi at the beginning of the pulls, so I put in the 3.5bar TMAP and it resolved a few sputters I'd get when I would get close to the max of our OEM TMAP.

Overall, this thing rips! It's working my Dinan turbo hard, and maintaining 20-20.5psi psi to redline. Loving it!
I wonder how dirt got in your oil. Only thing I can think of is it getting past the piston rings. Not sure how likely that is though. Or maybe it can get in from the turbo oil feed?

But yea, air filter dirt is CRAZY! I washed my Eventuri filter the other day. (I have two and swap between cold/warm seasons. Easier for me to have 2 so my car isn't incapacitated while I wait for the filter to dry.)

Anyway, there wasn't really any dirt on the inside of the filter, but the outside POURED out dirt when I hosed it from the inside. More dirt came out that filter than my wash bucket after not washing my car for an entire month. And that filter was in the car for less than 7 months.
Appreciate 0