No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in München View Post
Greetings my friend. My gearbox is behaving strangely from 450kms (300 ish miles), now i am at around 3000 miles.
When i press in the clutch at 1500-2000 rpm (1-2 shift) i can feel shaking from gearbox and clank clank noise. When i release the clutch at 1500 -2500 rpm ( when clutch engages) again clank clank. When i am in gear, lets say 3rd, and tap accelerator pedal, again i can replicate clanking and shaking.
I can hear ticking on idle, but when i press in the clutch there is no apparent difference like in your video.
Another way i can hear this sound is if i turn off my car without pressing the clutch in, gearbox shakes.

When gearbox is hot , it is more apparent and very frustrating to drive the car, feels like something will fall off under the car.

I have been to my dealer few months ago and they told me that is normal for this car.
But i asked few other MT owners ( Joe Acheilles aswell) and they didn't know what i was talking about.

So i went to the dealer again, and waiting for the answer.

I will try to make a video and post it.
Thanks for chiming in, and sorry to hear that you too are having transmission issues.

Like some of the good pointers in this thread validated, what is happening is that, simply put, something is preventing the clutch to fully engage, so it's likely related to throw-out bearing (aka release bearing), similar to my issue. Your clutch pedal vibrating is another obvious telltale sign. Do you have jerky transmission shifts as well?

This may help you as well, but what I've done is shared some of the info from this thread to Service Advisor. That way, the mechanics are guided to look down the right path, vs simply driving it and finding nothing. I hate when dealerships can't duplicate my issues and return my car unfixed.

My Service Advisor is out till this weekend, so likely they will squeeze me in next week. I will definitely update this thread with whatever findings and fixes they do