View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #164
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas21 View Post
I have only done ca 37 laps on the Nordschleife in two visits so I am a real novice there, but I have done thousands of simulator laps so I knew where the track goes and had a line in my head on my first visit.

The track is simply unbelievable and is the most demanding track in the world and it takes many hundreds of laps before you know the track. To train in a simulator will cut down the learning curve by a lot, but it will of corse not give you the feeling for the track. It gave me a line and I knew the track by memory on my first real lap and that is good.

My laptime around 7.40 is quite a safe lap if you can say that on the Nordschleife and I am sure I can go much faster the next time, but due to saefty I dont think I will push much harder in the future. I think a laptime between 7.20 and 7.30 is possible to do without pushing to hard, but then I will need a lap with no traffic.
100% agree on simulator work - even something as simple as playing forza 7 helps ingrain the layout & to me makes a huge difference. Also helps keep it fresh in the mind between outings. I'm actually looking into a more "realistic" simulator right now.

The track is unbelievable - looks amazing. Your pace looks great & have no doubt you could push further. Definitely do not blame you for not doing so - looks like there can be a huge disparity in speeds among the traffic. Could be a major handful coming up on some of the slower traffic when pushing hard!
Appreciate 0