View Single Post
      07-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #16
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
If the base version is not a ME, there are going to be a load of stunned and unhappy Vette addicts. I've seen some talk of a v6 twin turbo offering but not even a mention of any offering not being ME. Hope you're wrong but I suppose nothing is out of the question at this point. If you look at the renderings and the camo testing videos, with that shortened front, it doesn't even look like they could package the current engine in there. That is a mid engine silhouette.
they can offer different lines...i find it tough their going be able to hit 55k on a mid engine car...unless there going to mass produce it like a mustang.

not every vette owner cares if the car is mid engine...some people just like the vette because of the looks and the v8.

if i were gm i would keep the c7 platform with its paid off tooling and platform and change the styling, improve the interior and have it start at 45k-75k front engine. Have a mid engine variant 80-500k

but if gm can find away to make a mid engine for 55-60k then i'll be impressed

From a business stand point...it makes more sense to amortize the cost of the c8 development over a wide range of models and a wider range of price points. Look at what BMW does with its various 3 /5/7 series platforms
Appreciate 0