07-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #183
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
We were scheduled for PCD today. I've been working with my CA all week to understand whether or not my car was affected, and was told several times that it was not. We flew into Spartanburg yesterday, then the VIN list showed up on this thread. We called BMW and confirmed that we cannot take delivery of our car. We were told to show up at the Performance Center anyway, participate in the scheduled activities (minus delivery of the car), then find our own method of getting back home, there will be no car, and no loaner. Needless to say, neither my wife or I are in the mood for a day of BMW marketing Kool-aid and will be flying home this later morning.

Good luck everyone. If you have travel plans and time off from work scheduled around your delivery, push your CA and BMW Customer Care to confirm the status of your car. It seemed highly improbable that BMW would not contact us if our vehicle was affected, BEFORE we got on a plane(s), but that is exactly what happened.
I just got an email from my CA and the Performance Center saying that my car cannot be delivered to me next week. So sorry you had to already be there and find out the way you did.
Appreciate 0