09-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #109
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
switlikbob What's the reasoning to not trigger meth by IAT threshold? I plan to drive my car year round, where winters are 20F and below (I'm sure you're familiar, being from NJ), so triggering by boost level would be a waste of meth, I'd think.
You could certainly do it that way. There are a few options that I have seen regarding controllers. Some people use jb4, some use the snow controller, etc. The problem I see with triggering at a set IAT number is that ambient is a moving target. Everything is relative that way, with tuning and how the ecu works. So I guess if you only wanted meth to spray at a certain IAT, you could do that, but you'd have to play with your setup to find the magic number that works best for your setup. Lot's of log reviews are in your future.

For me, when it's cold out, or when I'm not pushing the car, I just turn my WMI system off. I have a super fancy toggle switch the has a green light illuminated when the system is on, and not when it's off

@Endeav, I apologize, I'm not trying to threadjack here. I can delete this stuff if you want. I'm just trying to be helpful and share what I've learned.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0