View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #11
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
On the way to work today I took a fast turn over some bumpy pavement and the car kinda skipped and hopped over it and the whole chassis felt really unstable - is this something an aftermarket system would improve or are they dialed in for a nice and flat race track?

I know nothing is going to make a bumpy road feel like youre on a freshly paved oval track, and the 19in wheels probably arent helping, just curious if i would feel an improvement.
Yes - what you experienced was one of the shortcomings of the oem setup. A properly dampened and sprung setup will alleviate this. Keep in mind that not all race tracks are nice and flat. In fact it is the opposite in many cases (COTA is proof of this as they are constantly repaving now to try to smooth it out). Sebring is another that is extremely bumpy. For these cases you want the car to stay composed over the unsettling events so a portion of the development focus is certainly aimed at this area. When the dampers are allowed to do what they are supposed to be doing and everything is in harmony a good setup will absolutely keep the car happy in these situations. We spent a majority of our development time on this actually and it helps us run comparatively stiffer springs than most other setups while still eliminating that harshness.
Appreciate 1
Joebie778.50