View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #18
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Race with AA midpipe still has a deep tone but much louder than Sport with AA in my opinion. For instance, cold start with Race+AA was super loud and always made me nervous (especially in terms of bothering my neighbors). Sport+AA has a better/deeper tone IMO but just not as loud. Cold starts aren't obnoxiously loud anymore. So to answer your question, yes Sport+AA sounds noticeably different than Race+AA from my point of view (more refined, deeper but not as loud).

How's AA+Sport compare to AA+Race in Sport/Sport+ mode under throttle?

Understandably these two combos are significantly different in volume when in Efficient mode (and during normal start up) when the valves are closed due to the less muffled Race muffler. But when the valves are open, the volume would not be much different (throwing in the AA+stock muffler in the mix as well) since the exhaust flow to the valves is straight through and the flow to the muffler is a diversion? IND has a video comparing their Eisenmann Valved Competition axleback to stock in Efficient, Sport, and Sport+. The volume difference in Sport/Sport+ is indistinguishable.

Curious to hear your real life experience comparing the two combos when the valves are opened.

Last edited by raywai2; 11-08-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0