View Single Post
      08-31-2022, 09:57 AM   #34
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
Aside from having to trailer and making life more difficult to run a racing car on track days, unless you are racing on the series. What let you to sale the M2 CSR and go this route?
I will always trailer my track car to the track, no matter what the car. I have too many things to bring along with me in order to hope to go fast

When I bought the M2 CS I didn't know how I wanted to use it but I knew I loved it.

I bought the CSR and had a great 2021 season with it.

At the end of the season I knew I wanted to HPDE a street car and not HPDE a race car. So overkill for my needs and I had already decided I don't have the time to go racing.

The M2 CS has great bones, I just needed to change a few things to make it track worthy for my standards.

So now I have a car my son and I can take on local trips to the golf course or wherever AND I have car I can track...hopefully within seconds of the race car at VIR.

It's a win win for me.

When I'm done with fun, I revert the car back to stock, sell off the parts and send the car on it's way. But honestly I can see this track car taking me into 2030 and beyond.

Heck the 1988 E30 M3 I tracked up until 2 years ago. M2 CS will be fun and capable on the track for many years to come.

Sorry for the long response, hope it answered your question.
aparedes302.00
M3R12195.50
aatlas211.50