View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #21
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
1. The spanner is not enough to adjust the height, as previously discussed by myself and others.

2. Not sure what you're talking about, but the collar in the rear is set about half of it's length. It's not barely hanging on. The car is also corner balanced, which I was there for and have pictures of the scales to see it's all correct.

3. I'm not sure it matters where they are located, but when you order the KW's, the helper springs come at the bottom out of the box. They are also at the bottom in all KW pictures, videos, as well as shown at the bottom in the installation instructions.

You were making questionable remarks on my sway bar issue as well. Are you sure you know anything about suspension?
Right, sometimes you will need more than just the spanner. The base can spin in the frame if not designed properly. We like to spay dry lube on the threads prior to any installation to help us make adjustments later. We also like to use Swift thrust sheets on both the top and bottom side of the springs for the same reason.

The helper can be at the top or bottom, it doesn't really matter. We have our quick spring change kit and have always installed and recommended the helpers installed at the bottom, on the control arm side. That way it's easier to overcome the helper to get the main spring out for a quick change.
Appreciate 3