switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
I'm expecting around there as well.

I actually went ahead and placed an order for the XDI-35 HPFP from TTFS. The port methanol injection does just fine for keeping up with the fueling and supplementing the OEM HPFP when I wind out gears from lower RPM's, but it does have issues with high RPM tip-in. Despite having the port methanol injection, it seems as though the methanol injection is not "quick" enough to respond to high RPM tip-in. If I press the gas pedal to aggressively (WOT really quickly) at high RPM (> 5000) the OEM HPFP comes very close to crashing (or does crash) due to how quickly the turbo spools and because the methanol hasn't had a chance to "catch up" despite it being port methanol injection. I've noticed this issue getting worse as the temperature begins to drop here in Canada.

Probably overkill to run the XDI-35 HPFP for my application given that I don't plan on running any ethanol mixes for extended periods of time due to lack of availability, but I feel as though it's probably best for consistency.
I thought you had the xdi pump. You're going ot need to hit 500whp. I am speaking from personal experience. The stock hpfp runs out of fuel up top, and it's nearly impossible to get meth to make up for it. If you were running pure alchohol and no gasoline, it might be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Do you think it'd be fine without WMI? Just PS2 and XDI-35? On 93 octane.

I'm thinking of doing all three in the future, but am undecided on the WMI. It adds quite a bit of complexity, but the benefits seem well worth it.
I am running all 3 now, but I don;t have port injection, just WMI injection into my charge pipe for cooling.

I can tell you that a few things from reviewing my logs:

The PS2 runs hot as hell, and there are very few air to air intercoolers that can keep up. On pump fuel & XDI35, you can't run more than 22psi without running the turbo outside its efficiency range and generating a ton of heat. The M2 ecu is VERY picky regarding temps and pulling timing. I have a custom built WMI setup, and it's running off an AEM controller that uses boost sensing to trigger the spray. Spray amount is directly related to boost level. It works amazingly well!!! It keeps my IAT within 10 degrees of ambient, no matter how hard I run the car. On full spray, when I'm doing a long 4th gear pull, it will actually bring the temps to ambient, which is mind blowing to me. I hope that info is useful.
Appreciate 0