09-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #101
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
I'm expecting around there as well.

I actually went ahead and placed an order for the XDI-35 HPFP from TTFS. The port methanol injection does just fine for keeping up with the fueling and supplementing the OEM HPFP when I wind out gears from lower RPM's, but it does have issues with high RPM tip-in. Despite having the port methanol injection, it seems as though the methanol injection is not "quick" enough to respond to high RPM tip-in. If I press the gas pedal to aggressively (WOT really quickly) at high RPM (> 5000) the OEM HPFP comes very close to crashing (or does crash) due to how quickly the turbo spools and because the methanol hasn't had a chance to "catch up" despite it being port methanol injection. I've noticed this issue getting worse as the temperature begins to drop here in Canada.

Probably overkill to run the XDI-35 HPFP for my application given that I don't plan on running any ethanol mixes for extended periods of time due to lack of availability, but I feel as though it's probably best for consistency.
Do you think it'd be fine without WMI? Just PS2 and XDI-35? On 93 octane.

I'm thinking of doing all three in the future, but am undecided on the WMI. It adds quite a bit of complexity, but the benefits seem well worth it.
Appreciate 0