11-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Looking back, I feel like doing ED was a mistake now.

My reasons...

1) takes sooo long
2) the tracking process is terrible (too many unknowns)
3) you "endanger" your car in Europe (such as road debris, potential dings from parking, expose your car to the elements, etc)
4) for the most part, you can't full throttle it (until you reach 1200 miles and get the service done) I didn't get the service done, so it was just a big tease!
5) takes sooo long!
Never seen a reaction like this but there's a first time for everything I guess.

1) Have some patience - let the building anticipation of being reunited excite you - I mean, you are an adult, so enjoy feeling like a kid again being excited over getting a new toy.
2) It's not terrible - it's actually pretty good for the most part - could be worse.
3) The risk was well worth the many rewards - nerve wracking at times but I would do it again with zero hesitation. In fact, IF they start building the next 2er in Mexico (or any other country besides Germany - I like Mexico...) then I will not be getting another M2 'cause I will only do it if I can get Euro Delivery again.
4) Solution is easy (better planning) - plan a trip of at least 1500 miles, get service at 1200, then blast down the autobahn at 155 mph for the last 300 miles of your trip (the car is still fun to drive even during break-in restrictions).
5) See answer to #1 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
I think a better route would've just been to take my own Euro trip and rent a BMW. That way...

1) I could've been one of the first people to receive their M2C in VA if I didn't do ED
2) I wouldn't "endanger" my own vehicle
3) I could've ragged out someone else's car (I feel a little jipped that I wasn't able to go 130+ mph)
1) Who cares about THAT? Did you buy it to impress the neighbors?
2) No risk, no reward; the risk is well worth it - and did you in fact wreck it on ED? No.
3) You can always rent a car for a day or two while over there. No reason to feel gypped - next time, plan better, drive 1200 miles, get service, then rag the piss out of it.