06-10-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Just found the alignment sheet post fitting of the MPS.

Noting that the ride height they set it to is on the high side (front 600mm, rear 610 mm), the rear camber settings are very close to the target (left -1degree 51minutes, right -2degrees 14minutes), as were the total Toe (0degrees 17minutes). There may be something odd here?

RHD car, setup to drive straight on a cambered surface.

Edit:

To put that in the same units as Caduceus - the rear settings are Camber: left -1.85, right -2.23, total Toe: 0.23.
I'm not sure what reference points they use to measure ride height but it sounds like they use the same method as me. I hook the end of the tape measure under the edge of the rim on the lower half of the wheel. This takes the tyre out of the equation, regardless of profile and inflation pressure. I take the measure up through the centreline of the wheel to the edge of the guard.

The alternative of measuring from the hub centre to the guard is too prone to error since it's hard to visualise the exact centre point.

Doing this, I currently have the car set at 597mm up front and 599 at the back. Before lowering it was 625mm front left and 620mm front right (so not quite even) and 619mm at the rear. This is where I got my 25mm front and 20mm rear lowering numbers from.

With your post-lowering alignment figures, are you saying that was what they aligned it to or that was was it just happened to be after lowering it?
Appreciate 0