View Single Post
      09-26-2023, 10:01 AM   #22
Cbobbit
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 OG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbobbit View Post
Hi Everyone, I want to revive this thread a little as it seems to be the only alternative source for UK based owners who don't want to pay the extortionate shipping and tax on the Technic PnP harness.

I have just ordered the same harness from Germany, made sure the sign up to the site so I can track shipping.

https://www.carfeature.de/en/hifi-na...d-bypass-cable

robmx Keen to understand what you mean by "have a little nibble at the connectors", did you have to create notches or shorten how deep the pins sit?

Either way, knowing it worked for you and jaffamuffin gives me hope.

It cost me £62 as were a few years on now, just couldn't bring myself to by the Technic PnP one. What a rip off!
I received the harness yesterday and for the most part it feels well made.

I have now fitted it to the car which was pretty easy and it works as expected. For those wondering, you will have to use a knife to cut some bits of plastic off both ends of the harness. The notches that ensure it all aligns as you plug it in are not the same, you can cut the additional bits off which took me about 20 minutes and was a bit of a pain to do neatly.

My only other comment is that the pins in the white connector are a little flimsy. When I first plugged this end in a couple of the pins bent, but I managed to bend them back and got it to fit in.

Just went for a drive and it's strange after having ASD for the 6 months I have had the car. I like that I can hear the engine, exhaust and turbo as well as being able to listen to music without the drone from the speakers. When driving without any music it makes all the noises such as plastic fitments poorly fitted creaking really stand out.

Overall really happy with the result and for half the price of the Technic PnP harness it is a good option for those in Europe.
Appreciate 0