View Single Post
      01-07-2022, 02:07 AM   #3
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Great video, agree that the mesh behind the honeycomb is a much better look & in fact you can't even see it from a few metres away, imo makes it worth the effort the remove the bumper. Just means after a trip away you have to spend 10-15min removing any trapped leaves/bugs etc.

Just wanted to add if someone doesn't want to use a drill you can use ties (I used 2.5mm) to fix the mesh directly to the honeycomb for the lower grills and for the kidneys I tied to the clips (they look the same as my OG & just means you would need to remove the mesh first if you wanted to unclip/remove the kidneys), the mesh is held firmly against the back of the kidney so leaves/debris just falls back out the front.

Aside from stopping rocks (which was my original motivation) and debris, it also saves the radiator fins from damage. Did my mesh a couple yrs ago (car then 2yrs old) and I spent probably 3+hrs repairing all the pushed-in fins over the 3 radiators. 2.4yrs & 40K km since with the mesh installed (& a lot of fast country trips) there is very little damage to the fins, assume that would be good for their cooling efficiency.
Appreciate 2
FaRKle!4017.00
(K)1278.00