///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
So going by those numbers, let's knock off the fancy brakes, the lithium battery and the MPE exhaust. That 160-(53+30+18)=59 lbs. lighter than the M2C. They could reduce weight in other areas but I don't see any obvious places to do that. When I want my car to weigh less I just stop eating ice cream after dinner .
Yea I was just listing what is possible As someone who tracks his car quite often, I would personally never choose CCB no matter how light they are. I still think the blue brakes are pretty good for what they are and they weigh 35lbs less than the silver M2C brakes. Regardless, your calculation (-60lbs) is probably what's gonna end up happening I would still add a lithium battery to it tho if BMW doesn't do it from factory. For about $700, you can save another ~48lbs with Antigravity RS-30 battery for instance (combined with CF hood, it shouldn't affect the weight distribution by that much).
For tracking, you want to save as much as possible on rotation mass ( inertia is big for breaking, accelerating, steering feel ) including wheels.
With good forged wheels and CCB you can save about 70lbs total
clee1982797.50