View Single Post
      12-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

My Golf R consistently gives the accurate speed that I am doing on its analog AND digital speedometers. Every time I compare it to what i get with a GPS app or a Garmin, it is within 1/2 mph, consistently, regardless of what speed I am going.

All of my recent vintage BMWs (1M, 2013 135i Coupe, 2013 135is Convertible) read from several to more mph fast, increasing the error with increasing the actual speed. If I correct out the intentional error as shown on the digital speedometer with Carly, then at least the digital speedo reads accurately.

This is not brain surgery. This is intentional CRAP.

Where I do most of my driving, the state police and the county sheriffs will allow you 5 mph over before they contemplate writing a ticket, should you happen on one of their radars. 6,7 or 8 mph over, and you are taking a chance, and above that a ticket is pretty much guaranteed.

So for me, I'd really like to know what speed I am actually doing by just looking at the speedometer on the car, which is the easiest way for me to ascertain that. All the rest of this discussion to me is an excuse justifying why the lawyers that BMW employs use the algorithms that they use to fool us into thinking we are going faster than we really are.

Peace.