Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
And that's ok, I just see a lot of the posts now about value and it seems like the market could get more flooded as people realize their car could depreciate.
The prices i'm seeing right now, given the amount of available inventory, is just way too high. I doubt any besides the EAG cars will fetch some of the numbers i'm seeing.
I think the realistic fair value for a CS right now is between 92-96k manual. 86k-90k for a DCT. Even that may be a tad bit on the high side.

Btw the whole performance and collector car market is on the verge of a correction into potentially decreasing inflation next year. It could get a bit insane.
Agree w/ that sentiment.
Values for all used and new cars ( any brand ) are inflated beyond proportion.
Limited supply and consumer money to throw at it has perpetuated this frenzy.
When taper happens and whatever ensuing effect inflation will have on the buying pool should correct values, but for quality goods, I'm not sure the effect will be so drastic.

I could be way off there.

But I do know this, after buying my M2CS a year ago I found a growing brand loyalty forming.
So much so that against better judgement, I scooped up a zero mod, 16k mile, one owner 1M for far more than I should have paid vs. book a couple of weeks ago.

It was available, checked the boxes and I had the opportunity now vs finding a lesser caliber at a compromise to one degree or another.

I would imagine that enthusiasts know what they have when they have it.
We all seem to share in that.
There aren't a ton of CS out there regardless of spec.
Some will be run through hard (daily drivers, modded beyond excuse, etc), but the ones that are cared for should still fetch a good price.

That's my opinion.. but I'm an owner not a speculator..😜
Appreciate 2
WWM3962.50
CarJunkie2615.50