View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #61
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Track update! Yesterday I ran the car on willow springs international raceway. "Big willow". I didn't get pics or video on track and I kept forgetting to turn on my track addict lap timer.

The car ran amazing! Temps outside were in the 40-50 range. No wind and clear skies. It was a picture perfect day for the high desert lol.

If you know willow then you know it's one of the fastest tracks in the US! I am lucky enough to have connections with Billy Johnson and paid him for some in car coaching. Billy drove the Ford GT that got 4th at Le Mans the year recently that Ford won. He is a true professional driver. With his coaching in two laps I had my line down around the track better than ever! I was taking turn 2 at 90-100 and 8/9 at 120+. It's really amazing how much grip the car has! The RE71RS HOOK! They performed very well!

The seats were amazing and the schroth harness to the cage had me locked in!!

Also gotta give a huge shout out to hawk Performance! Their brake pads had us stopping on a dime! Billy was even impressed by how hard the car could brake!

My next goal to get better at journaling data to help improve speed on tracks. Also to find the weak points of the car to make it faster!

Engine and oil temps were no problem and never got over 220 on my arwon gauge, probably because it was a cool day out. I really don't have plans to track hard in summers. It's too hard on my body.

All in all great day! Super pleased with the car!
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52262.00