View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #23
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannondale900 View Post
The dealer did not keep and try to replicate the condition?

I imagine something is wrong with the vehicle speed controller, tilt sensor, wheel speed sensors, or collision warning system if you are getting warning lights. It seems to me the system thinks the brake should be applied and with the rest of the wheels moving when the computers are thinking the car should be stopped, there is some malfunction. I would imagine the dealer can diagnose these components via the computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
You are getting 4 or 5 different warning lights? I'd video them.

Can't the dealer pull the fault codes to diagnose the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
TTBear, is the location where the phenomenon happens slightly inclining ?

Just brainstorming whether the hill hold feature could be part of the explanation (or malfunctioning).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I now ride the brakes up and down the driveway right after I wash them. It has eliminated them sticking. I do this with my X5 50i M-Sport as well and I believe it was recommended to do this in its manual.
Thanks so much for your help, you guys. I greatly appreciate it. I have attached a picture of the warnings that were appearing (every time the wheel stuck). The TPMS warning is not relevant (I think) - I elected not to install TPMS sensors in my winter wheels.
These only appeared once I tried to drive the car, and disappeared once I eventually got the brake unstuck.

No incline - our garage is completely level, as is the parking lot behind our clinic, which are the two locales where the problem occurred.

I do also ride the brakes to dry them when I wash the car, especially since the first episode.

I am likely just being paranoid, but I am wondering if there is any possibility of this happening when I am driving the car - I doubt it, but I still haven't ascertained the cause of this problem, either.

Thanks, all.