05-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #104
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I've datalogged higher IATs with my FTP chargepipe in stop and go traffic. No other changes to the car. Once rolling, it's a negligible difference.

I don't think most people know how little air is moving through the CP during most driving situations.

Lots of people have issues with aftermarket CPs leaking at the seals. One of the reasons BMW uses plastic is because it can make for a tighter fit at the IC and TB thus less likely to leak. Make it out of metal and you're talking thousands of a inch between sealing and leaking.

The updated CP design from BMW is significantly improved. I have a hard time seeing it fail in stock to Stage 2 cars.

I'm very happy with the fitment of my FTP CP but I would be even happier if it were plastic and beefier than the stock CP.
Most people have leaks at the seals because they replace charge pipes in higher km ranges. What does this mean? The old seals are dried out, worn and require replacing. But these individuals tend not to replace these seals and end up experiencing leaks. Or these individuals buy the cheapest eBay pipe with crap tolerances, this won't happen with a brand name pipe

You do realize plastic can leak just like metal right? It's the oring that stops the air from leaking, hence why they're used on the plastic pipe.

Edit- I forgot to say alot of people forget to take the orings out of the factory parts too, so they don't even know there are supposed to be orings hence another cause for leaks.

Last edited by F87source; 05-20-2020 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0