05-20-2020, 06:41 PM   #95
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattens View Post
It really bothers me how this thread turned in to an argument for a couple of pages...

I still don’t get how keeping the stock charge pipe is an option. My personal experience is it popped for no reason in traffic while it was on stock boost with stock intercooler. It was only just doing 2,000-2,500rpm leaving me stranded on a Friday night trying to get home after a long week at work.

And if it failed while I’m on a full days country run into the middle of nowhere? Or if it failed at a track day not only putting me at risk but wasting a track day at the same time...

Eventually, they are all going to break, if you're doing the intercooler anyway, you might as well do the charge pipe for peace of mind. It’s such a no brainer, I don’t get the point of arguing that not changing it or replacing it with another OEM unless the pipe goes just before you’re going to sell the car anyway in which case just pick up a cheap OEM and throw that in.

FYI if anyone wants an almost near new ORM charge pipe and you live in Australia, give me a shout. It was on my car for less than 2 weeks before I had the time to get the intercooler and VRSF charge pipe installed at the same time.
Yup that would suck if you got stranded in the middle of nowhere on a really hot or cold day. It would also suck if you took your car to the track or dyno and had the pipe fail, that would be expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Stubborn people gonna keep being stubborn. Even went presented with empirical evidence and basic understanding of physics some people just won't sway in their beliefs or even admit perhaps their hypothesis is wrong. Just gotta move on.
Unfortunate but true.
I'm leaving this thread now unless something important or relevant pops up.