View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #20
ksalih99
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
I recently installed Vorshlag plates and they provide a long reach nut for this very reason. However, the nut does prevent you from accessing the 10mm nut to hold the shaft in place (at least, I couldn't fit my 10mm socket in there, perhaps I just need a skinnier one), so my only option was to use an impact gun. They recommend short bursts of high torque. So far no issues and the shaft spin was minimal (perhaps like 1-2 total turns for the 5 bursts I did). That being said, GC could be different - how do they recommend installing it?
I used a socket designed for this application (I don’t believe GC provides information on how to tighten this but the socket is designed for just this).

Though, I’m having a hard time understanding the mechanism of torquing this nut and the lack of lubrication of the bearing that is believed to be the cause for the sound. How are these two related? I must not understand fully .

Actual side of socket might differ but this is the design: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-362739-schwaben-strut-nut-socket-18mm/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkJj6BRA-EiwA0ZVPVuPKiXgIc_3_BitiBA5NwvyMfnzIVUzdmcG65Ez6Vd aXCMXEID8GEBoClUUQAvD_BwE
Appreciate 1
eeyang92318.50