05-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #65
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Ok, extra weight. But let's also talk about functionality: how improved is their braking capacity ? Many reported that track guys prefer steel brakes over CCB's (some Porsche guys even taking off the CCB's from their track cars).

Normal brake pads don't squeak/squeal. The optional track race pads do.

Do these new 2NH silver sport brakes / red M Performance brakes come stock with the 'normal' brake pads or do these come with those noisy race pads ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I want more braking power... I do not care about the weight. One extra person in the car has more impact.

The blue brakes are shit at high speed on the Autobahn and on track, the track pads are a hell when you daily and without a money tree in my backyard I will never fit CCB's.

The new brake kit is the best combination for what I need... If I would have kept my M2, I would have fitted a Brembo BBK and I would have the same issue of increased weight. Only positive thing is that I now factory warranty.

MR
The question is... is stopping capability of the car actually improved...? or is this just keeping up with the extra 150 lbs..

hopefully there are actual improvements to be gained... There seems to be a reason that they are an included " upgrade" in many markets..

Very possibly because they are needed... or.. very possibly so they don't have to print a spec sheet for M2 COMP with a 0-60 stopping distance that is worse than the OG M2..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
It is amusing to see people nitpick every single detail. BMW is offering an oem big brake kit and people are still complaining. Amazing really?! How can someone's reality be either 4/2 piston system or ccb, I WANT NOTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN? Earth shattering news, larger calipers and rotors weigh more. Yes, people actually put big brake kits on cars. There might even be a huge big brake kit market out there, with majors brands involved(could be imagining that). I was just trying to show were some of the new weight could be coming from. The vast majority is coming from performance upgrades, whether is be brakes, engine, cooling, etc.

thanks for helping define the weight gain in the car... it appears 120 lbs is due to the motor and associated cooling.. .. and another 30 lbs is due to brakes if the 2NH kit is included on the US car as it is in Canada. As stated above... just because BMW is adding these changes.. doesn't mean the absolute performance of the M2 competition will be greatly changed vs the OG M2.

Indeed.. I surely hope that the changes will result in measurable changes in performance, it will be interesting to see instrumented reviews.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 05-21-2018 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0