01-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #263
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
I think your right and that the CS aero must do something. The CS has a front lip that is 90% similar to the MP one except the front holes are closed (the M2C racing is the same). I imagine this was done in order to further reduce the air going under the car and therefore lift.
I'm no Adrian Newey, not qualified to speculate on exactly what's going on, but if BMW says enhanced aero I have no reason to doubt them. Don't know why the CS design would attract strong skepticism from similarly unqualified, uninformed enthusiasts.

The new CFRP hood weighs half of the weight of a similar steel hood while incorporating functional air vents, finished in High-Gloss Black, which help increase front end downforce and aid in engine cooling.

Also made form CFRP are the front splitter, the rear spoiler, rear diffuser and M twin-stalk exterior mirrors. The front and rear spoilers along with the diffuser work together to optimize air flow underneath the car and to further increase downforce.

Other performance cars have undisputed downforce, don't look like a Pikes Peak Unlimited contender or Gridlife special. Here's a pretty good example. And for the .2 RS here's what Porsche had to say about upping front end downforce: The front spoiler lip is now even wider than the lip of the predecessor model, and downforce has been increased as a result. (.2 is 2nd picture. Not exactly in your face downforce.)

Appreciate 0