View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #29
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I strongly disagree. I too owned a March delivery of M235i. I had it for four years so I am extremely familiar with the car. I had my M235i in for a service when my sales advisor saw me and said they had an M2 that the orderer walked away from and I should take for a test drive. They handling and power was significantly different. I ended up buying the M2 that day. One of the best decisions I have made.
2016 M235i to 2016 M2.

Totally agree.

LOVED my M235i, still arguably the better daily. Such an epic all-arounder. The M2 is more exciting though, simply put. In every way. Braking, totally flat cornering, incredibly grip, harder & more fun to launch off the line thanks to torque bump. Steering feel & precision is vastly better too, something I didnt expect.
The only areas I'm somewhat disappointed: (let me clear, NOT deal-breakers. I LOVE the M2)
1. ride balance is good, not great in M2. Needed an adjustable suspension option. Can be quite firm at times but still rather good overall.
2. M2 is LOUD at highway speeds. Not engine nor exhaust. Its the Road noise on anything less than brand new streets that can be deafening. I can live with it though. Just a consideration.
3. HK stereo truly sucks so bad it doesnt deserve the HK branding (This is the biggest miss for me on the M2)
4. Tried a 2018 and DCT felt MUCH MUCH better than in my 2016. Dont know what changed but reaction to prodding the gas, etc., shift algorithms, etc all felt much crisper. (maybe the clutches in my 2016 DCT getting worn?)
5. Weight. At 300lbs lighter this M2 would be a supercar slayer. How the M2 weighs more than an M3, 911, new Supra, etc., is beyond me.

Still, nothing other than perhaps a C7 Corvette offers this much thrill for the dollar, not even my former base 911 & Cayman. And the C7 is way less practical as a daily.
Appreciate 0