View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 11:38 PM   #84
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I just read a "10 most..." click-bait-y article on which states people are moving out of in the highest numbers. Illinois is at the top of the list, unfortunately for you. Both my GF's sons live in Chicago and the prices of housing seem reasonable for a city so large, but I have no idea what the trend has been. The city of Chicago and the State are a perpetual economic cluster-fuck, I know that much. I'm going to resist climbing on my soapbox about what party has run both since forever.
Certain parts of downtown Chicago have held up well. The suburbs have been a disaster. Many 4 million dollar homes are selling in the 1 million range now. Many 1 million dollar homes are selling in the 600k range. 300k homes are somewhat stable, but not appreciating.

The politics here suck. Same democrat controlling Springfield for 3 decades. He's as corrupt as the worst people in the US. People with no jobs, education, or money keep voting for him so the rest of us pay the price. Not sustainable (as is blatantly obvious). But once you have your roots set somewhere, it is very hard to relocate.
Appreciate 0