12-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #11
Dblaz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lab_rat View Post
Do not curb your wheels.

That should be obvious for any car and any wheel but 437m are super expensive and because of their design (mashined/polished face with tinted clear coat) they are difficult to refinish.
This. Exactly this. Remember that they're flared out wider than you'd expect, too.

I have had mine refinished twice - the local dealer I got the car from knows a guy who has done this a few times. They're basically enameled/painted and diamond cut, so not everyone can do that.

The other thing is about mounting new tires. I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports to replace the Contis that came with my car, and went to the local Mr. Tire. Luckily, the Mr. Tire guy had mounted tires on an M2 previously, and knew that his mounting machine didn't work with the way our rims are structured. Scratched the hell out of the previous customer's M2. So he let me know about this and that he didn't think they should do it. Apparently he had an older mounting machine that had more "bulk" in the middle part (bigger than the small center of our rims), and that part scraped the hell out of the rims.

I had the tires brought to my dealer who mounted it (for free...they're awesome), but that's another thing to keep an eye on.
Appreciate 2
tranck500.50
Ikester192124.00