View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #245
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Sure seems you’re looking to dismiss, or pick holes in their findings with a 4 lb. fuel load differential and the old, tired “but if you put parts a, b, and c on X model, it’d be just as fast” concept.
Read the second paragraph of my post again. Nothing 'old, tired' is asked here, no engine tune, no 'M2 CS only' CF parts, etc. M2 CS will win, definitely, but let's see the gap with comparable spec. That's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Apart from the time difference because of the tires (PSS vs Cup 2): the M2 CS (1.55,8) featured M-DCT + M-CCB and went into 'limp mode' on its way to the finish due to low fuel. This M2C (1.57,6) featured manual gearbox + stock brakes. 'Low fuel' light flips on at lap time 01:08:40 (video: 01:18).

Let them pit the M2 CS against the M2 Competition in similar spec: M-DCT, same fuel load, M Driver's Package (stock on M2 CS), 2NH M Sport Brakes (stock on M2 CS), fresh Michelin Pilot Super Cup 2 tires (stock on M2 CS), 763M wheels (stock on M2 CS), same driving mode and driven immediately back-to-back by the same driver on the track.
On a general note: I cannot say that I am totally unfamiliar with what the M2 CS is about. I know a couple of things about that car. And though I've never driven it, I genuinely trust that it will be a fine piece of automotive machinery. Anyways, if you'd ever read some of my M2 CS posts, you'd know that I ain't "looking to dismiss, or pick holes". I respect BMW, but am not affiliated to them, which gives me a bit more freedom to express what I like and dislike. Feel free to disagree.