akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I mean if a comp with matching tune for $500 and same tires and wheels gets the same time around the track, I think one might have to question the value of the CS. If that's the case it costs a tune and some wheels to match it. Tires are wear items so you have to pay for that anyway.
Fair enough, question away. That's an evaluation that anyone in the market can make. But in fairness, the same can be said for almost any performance car platform, not just the M2. The lesser version can be modded to match the performance of the more expensive "plus" model.

I'd argue that especially once a tune is involved, you're likely to lose track reliability. And over time the market always prefers the factory "plus" version as compared to the modified lesser form, but to each his own. I'm no stranger to modded M cars.
Track reliability? It's the same engine. Maybe the oil pan is magnesium and slightly more oil like the m3cs but other than that why would reliability suffer. We're talking about only software difference here stock, and "tuned" it would be running the same power and essentially same difference as the CS.
Appreciate 0